View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: ATTN: Upgrade packs to 4.4.3 updated

I still think the best advise may be to ignore these patches unless you have a whole bunch of add-on modules that have not been already adjusted to work. If most of your mods are working, it seems it would just be best to focus on the mods that need to be updated. See if the vendors will help you. If not, the KB link posted above tells how to make the necessary changes. I suspect this patch is only to help people who use a bunch of mods that have yet to be updated. If you have even one mod that has been updated, then it may be better to start getting all of them updated. Vendors will have to do it for 4.4.4 anyway - unless QT tells us one of the settings will support both old and new initialization routines. If some setting supports both - then the patch just lets you go to "new" when everything is ready. If it is either "all new" or "all old", then it depends on the status of all your mods.

If QT had not released this patch - I think I would be able to go to a vendors site and select a mod that they had stated works for 4.4.3. Now - I have no idea what to select from a vendor's site unless they say "new initialization routine" or "old initialization routine".

Or - it is entirely possible that I don't know what the heck is going on. I am the "average punter" for whom this is clear as mud that Phil described in his post above. Maybe just "punt" until 4.4.4 comes out and hope that all the vendors understand this and know what to do.

---