View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 10:26 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Upgrade to 5.2.3 fails

Greetings,

Just for the record, has anyone download and installed a fresh clean copy of 5.2.3. I have and although it works, I can not for the life of me get a skin to show, its all in text and only text. This also happen to my live store as well, which is now closed thanks to a faulty upgrade.

Did anyone test this upgrade before going live with it. I am talking about the current release available for trial as well as purchase. If I was just looking at X-cart for the first time, download the trial copy and installed it. The encountered this problem. I would look for another cart. Simple as that.

Could be me, I don't know. Just a thought. What do you think?

Meanwhile I will just wait till 5.2.4 is released, hope it fixes this and allows me to try and restart my store with the purchased banner module and the #28 iGoods skin. Would be nice to be able to use it soon since I have paid for it and the 1 year update clock is running, but I guess we are expected to wait a few months out of the year for debugging?

Have a great day, Hope you get the car working again soon.

Cheers

For X-cart v5.2.0
1 Business v5.2.6 license <Getting Better>!
1 Banner Mod 5.2.7 license
1 #28 iGoods Template

For X-cart v4.7.0

1 GoldPlus v4 license unused

3 Gold v4 license Unused

A wise man once said it is best to fix the cart instead of trying to use a broken cart. The horse has a very hard time pushing a broken cart!!