View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Pay With Amazon not showing up under Payment Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith
And right you are. I had an Amazon MWS account set up, but didn't have Amazon Payments Advanced, like your link on the Pay with Amazon configuration page sent me to. While it was a quick process, since I had everything else set up and it was just a matter of saying to use the accounts I already had set up, it still needed to be done "Your Way".

Kevin, indeed, another account is required, the existing won't work. This is a piece of text from the blog announcement with the explanation of difference:

Please note, "Pay with Amazon" is an Amazon service that is separate from "Checkout by Amazon (CBA)" solution. That means you’ll need to go through a registration process, even if you have an existing CBA account. Last but not least,“Pay with Amazon” supports digital goods and services, while CBA is physical goods only. APA is the new, more modern platform.

Quote:
One final question though... When I click the "cart", I see the Pay with Amazon button as well as when I select the "View Cart" button, but when I go to "Checkout", I don't see the Pay With Amazon button. I can select one of my other Payment Methods (check, money order), but I don't see the Amazon button, like I would think it would show up either under (or above) the orange "Place Order" button on the right. And now for the $64,000 question, any chance it could show up along with my other "Payment Methods", say under the Check and Money Order options?

The "Pay with Amazon" button is expected to show on the minicart page,on the cart page and on the 'add to cart' popup. The point is that "pay with amazon" widget partially replaces the checkout:

http://kb.x-cart.com/download/attachments/7504625/PwA_widgets.png

For this reason the button BEFORE the customer actually reaches the checkout page.

Please check this article about the customer experience, this workflow is verified by Amazon team and approved of:
http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Pay+with+Amazon+customer+experience