View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 02:19 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Crisp White Skin in 5.3.* - Custom Modifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
However, we couldn't see how the getSkins() total deletion from Main.php and then the addition of an extra file only covering the 'customer' area, would process any changes to items located in 'admin', 'common' and 'mail'.

You don't need getSkins() in your module's Main.php because your module is not a "skin" anymore. The only active theme is Crisp White, and it has its own getSkins().
So, from you custom module, you hack into that getSkins() method defined in Crisp White, and add your directories so that it looks like Crisp White registered them.

If you want to override admin, common and so on, you add them through that decorated getSkins() method, not from getSkins() defined in your Main.php.

Quote:
Both our own Custom Module and latest release of the Theme Tweaker Module still cannot and will not process the addition of a customised version of this file: /skins/crisp_white/customer/css/style.less without trashing the site's appearance.

I'm waiting a reply from the XC5 dev team on this. My guess is that it is because style.less may be the "base" less file that the theme loads first. But I may be wrong.

Quote:
If anybody was wanting to do this when using the CWS Module, this works perfectly in all our dev store tests: ...

Thank you for sharing this!

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions