View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Unable to change H1, H2, H3 font size

The problem appears to be with how you are entering the product descriptions - most likely due to the WYSIWYG editor. (It is either from the WYSIWYG editor that you are using, or whatever you are cutting and pasting from into your product descriptions.)

For example:
Code:
<h1><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">Description of Sony PSP Slim Lite Battery - 1200mAh</span></h1>

In Firebug - if you inspect the element by mousing-over the title - you will see this:
element.style {
font-size:10pt;
text-decoration:underline;
}

h1 {
font-size:16px; <---- firebug shows this with a strike through, indicating the inline css has taken presidence
}
This is the in-line css that I was trying to warn you about - it is higher in the "cascade" of css - so it is taking control of how you have the H1 tag set inside your css file.

So - to use the css from the css file, the in-line css has to be stripped out:

Code:
<h1>Description of Sony PSP Slim Lite Battery - 1200mAh</h1>

This is a problem with using the WYSIWYG editor in the version that you have. Depending on what the process is for you entering/updating your product descriptions - there might be better advise from the forum for how to avoid the style issues that using the WYSIWYG causes.

If you can standardize on how you want all the tags to look all the time in your product descriptions - you could avoid the problem. You could edit the product.tpl template to put a div around your product description - something like:
Code:
<div class="my_product_description_styles">{$product.descr}</div>

Then - in your style sheet:

.my_product_description_styles h1 {font-size: 15px;text-decoration:underline}
.my_product_description_styles h2 {font-size: 13 px;text-decoration:underline}
... etc:

Then strip out all the <span></span> inline css that is in your descriptions.