View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Regarding the supplemental index, Sound Choice Store has a large number of pages showing up as supplemental, yet our hits from users searching in Google has increased from ~300-500/wk to ~700-800/wk consistently, and this past week it has doubled to ~1500/wk

we're getting hits on a large number of varied user searches, with the most popular query only getting 63 hits, so we're actually hitting a wider selection of keywords, which is great.

the best things that can help you tho, are to have other sites linking to you, and especially having other sites linking *deep* into your site (whether into a deep category or specifically to a product).

Also, within your own website, link deep into your shop. Whether by having random "best sellers" or "featured" or whatever.

I looked closer and noticed that so far the only pages that have indexed are categories and manufacturers pages, so its not surprising that they ended up supplemental. Its also been talked that the supplemental index has become very large and is outgrowing the main google index.

I will say that every month I've had substantial increases in traffic. October the site had maybe 250 unique visitors and 350 visits, mostly from the existence of old RJR Products customers. November hit just over 920 unique visitors and almost 1200 visits, and November is looking like it might hit around 1500/2000. Besides submitting a urllist to yahoo, and this work with google webmaster tools, and froogle, is 1 banner ad on a small but growing off-road forum with some threads in the forum as well.

Now if I can only get some more appealing products in the store. Always waiting on someone...
+remember anonymous carts