View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 03:29 AM

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.3 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by a333
would it be possible for qualiteam to simply list which files have had modifications made to them?

this would allow us to work out which files could just be copied and replaced directly from 4.4.2 (which we have changed) and which ones we need to re-code manually.

QT provided me with all the necessary documentation and files to make the skin from scratch if needed. Meaning the diff file, all 180+ files they modified, the SQL changes made and etc.

In theory yes I can manually check each file to see if the upgrade from 4.4.3 would require me to make modifications, or be a simple copy and paste/overwrite existing file.

Hard to say at this point. I am still re-working on a 4.4.2 development site, then once that is complete. I plan on working on a 4.4.3 development site and push that one to be my Final and Live website.

Either way for me it will be a long and tedius process. I had a slightly modified 4.4.1 dev site (basic skin), and I tried to upgrade to 4.4.2 and it didn't work for me.

This makes me a little weary of doing upgrades, since my experience has been a litte bleak at the moment.

In the coming weeks I hope to have a 4.4.3 dev site running and hope the skin implementation wouldn't take too much time.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.