View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:41 AM

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.3 released

Installed this today, but I didn't retain my old skin. The purpose of upgrading from 4.1.3 was mostly to implement a new skin - I bought the smart-template from Phil Jones and have it up and running too, nicely.

I had no problem migrating the database over (there were probably a couple of hundred products).

The whole upgrade process went very smoothly. I renamed my old store root folder and created a new one to run side-by-side. Once I'd completed the database upgrade the old store was pretty much not required anymore.

The only thing I needed to do in addition to the simple step-by-step process was to copy my image files from oldstore/images over to the newstore/images folder.

So far I've been happy with the upgrade, but I am getting a strange bug when I log into (or more to the point, struggle to log into) the admin interface. It askes me for an email address and a password. It won't accept any combination of username/email/password. I have to reset it each time.

To do this I need to enter 'master' into the 'forgot password?' request to get it to send the 'reset password' email to my email address. Weird. I'd like to figure out how to fix this so that I can just simply log into the admin section instead of resetting it each time..

-Paul

Go Kart Parts & Consumables
Australia