View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Fourth generation e-commerce solution by Qualiteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrf
Well... I am not the one who manages the development of X-Cart. There is a dedicated team for that and I decided to not interfere with their job, as having several managers on the same project is counter-productive.

Happy to hear that there are two separate teams - it is good to know that both products have unique teams and do not canabalise each other for time and resourse input.
Really was looking for assurances that X-Cart doesn't loose emphasis within the company as a core software solution - sort of understand this to be the case (and hope indeed is the outcome, as know ECWID will not meet our own e-commerce strategy requiremets, even though will match some ecommerce users well, for sure).

Thanks for your answers on the business model for ECWID as well - it helps to understand what drove this and get a feel for how things will develop with that product.

Cheers Ruslan - Asiaplay

PS: have to admit that I agree that ECWID is not a great name in English for this product - sounds a bit strange (now I guess it is meant to suggest Easy widget, but I missed that when first saw the name and took me awhile to guess that from the name, what the product could be about, while the name feels cold and dead to a degree - know that last comment is subjective, just not sure how to explain that clearer) - perhaps worth coming up with a new brand for it.