View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

I purchased this mod from you last week. I have written but not heard anything from you, so have opted to try the forum hoping you are subscribed to this thread.

Several things..

I am trying to install this on my frontpage. I've installed it and got it working perfectly, however, is there no way it could just pick a random product instead of working off featured products?

I have telafirma's random featured product installed on my site, and that allows me to show featured products without having to check mark each product under categories. Could your mod not work in somewhat the same way?

The other thing, there is no configurations for this module in terms of image size. It works off from what I can gather the product image, and I'd rather it work off the thumbnail image, or allow us to "size" them in the configuration to an overall generic sizing, simply because with images that are of different sizings, the "text" also "bounces" when the image is changing. Allowing us to set a size range would eliminate the bouncing text.

When I tried to customize the look, I got nowhere, because it's all in the tpl file and doesn't allow for customizing the overall look of the mod. (Let's say I want a background, no way to do that, that I could figure out anyway)

I also think it would be better to call the script from a .js file instead of having the script load into the page, since this is known to be a faster method of loading a page.

Also, this addon disabled another javascript I have running in my header. It comes down to the /if statement. I realize it's needed, but how can I get around it disabling the header javascript. If I make a choice on which addon to keep, it's going to be the header over this script, because I like it better and it works without any problem involved, other than when I install this script.

This could be such a cool addon, I hope you will improve it.
PHP 4.3.10
MySql 4.0.22-standard
Web server Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)
Operating system Linux
Perl 5.8.3
http://www.seamstobesew.com