View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 02:29 AM

Default Re: XC Product Filters module not recognising custom skin modifications

I am still having a problem with the product filter... I know now what the problem is, but not how to fix it...

A brief re-cap:
I have put my skin in a module starting with zz to put it at the end of the list.

I realise that the default behaviour of the Product Filter module is to hide the Category menu, when filter mode is active....this is why my amended topcategories aren't showing when filter mode is on....

This is the code that does it in XLite\Module\XC\ProductFilter\View

Code:
class TopCategories extends \XLite\View\TopCategories implements \XLite\Base\IDecorator { /** * Check if widget is visible * * @return boolean */ protected function isVisible() { return parent::isVisible() && 'category_filter' != $this->getTarget(); } }

I have created a class in my module to, hopefully, override this function and always return "true", but then the categories still don't appear and the filters no longer work (grrr!).
The other complication may be that I have got rid of the sidebar and have moved things from the sidebars into the center using moveClassesInLists in my main.php ... I don't know if this is causing a problem also .... I tried making the sidebar visible again but this didn't work either .....

Website link is here: http://moletamunro.com.217-199-165-124.cipherwebhost.com/furniture/chairs_-_stools - If you apply one of the filters, the menu functionality disappears ..

Maybe I need to do my own version of TopCategories so it is not tied up with anything else??? or my own version of Product Filters???

I am now running out of ideas ..... any thoughts?

Jan