View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 06:29 PM

eXpert

Default Killer error in Smarty, PLEASE HELP!

In home.php, I've got the default display statement to include home.tpl:

$smarty->display("customer/home.tpl");

In home.tpl, I've got a bunch of code that was working an hour ago (actually this doesn't matter, as I'll explain). When I try to view home.php, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `'}'' in //templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php on line 162

This actually comes on line 641 of Smarty.class.php, where it includes the compiled php file. So I would figure that there's an error in home.tpl, but I can delete EVERYTHING from home.tpl (i.e. it's an empty file) and I still get this error.

I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried clearing the templates, etc., but I have to do it all through PHP calls to clear_cache(), clear_all_cache(), and clear_compiled_tpl(), since the owner's set on the cache directories to nobody. How can I get at this file and figure out where that error is occurring? This is KILLING my development, I can't do ANYTHING.

Actually as a follow-up, I just figured out that I can't view ANY of my files. product.php gives me EXACTLY the same error. What's going on here?