View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 12:06 PM

Advanced Member

Smile Re: How to display product image as product thumbnail instead of default product variant.

Thanks again, for your quick and informative reply.

I actually managed to solve the problem without having to write my own module to override the functions of the ProductVariants addon. Instead I created a custom template to override theme_tweaker/customer/items_list/product/parts/common.product-thumbnail.twig
Code:
<a href="{{ this.getProductURL(this.categoryId) }}" class="product-thumbnail"> {{ widget('\\XLite\\View\\Image', lazyLoad=true, image=this.product.getImage(), maxWidth=this.getIconWidth(), maxHeight=this.getIconHeight(), alt=this.getIconAlt(), className='photo') }} </a>

becomes...

Code:
<a href="{{ this.getProductURL(this.categoryId) }}" class="product-thumbnail"> {{ widget('\\XLite\\View\\Image', lazyLoad=true, image=this.product.getProductImage(), maxWidth=this.getIconWidth(), maxHeight=this.getIconHeight(), alt=this.getIconAlt(), className='photo') }} </a>

Essentially replacing the function call this.product.getImage() with this.product.getProductImage().

This changes the behaviour on the front page and category pages, but not on the product listing page itself, which is exactly the behaviour I am after.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It was in reviewing the function definition you pointed out that I was able to notice the getProductImage() function, and try calling that from the template.
Apache version 2.4.56
cURL version 7.74.0