View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Yes I've been following your saga on this upgrade but had nothgn to comment on it since I did not try any v. to 4.5.5 yet.

So now this is same old db 4.2.3 upgraded to 4.5.0 simply by running the sql patch in phpmyadmin. Then I installed fresh 4.5.0 and connected the db to it. All good. Logged in admin and ran the upgrade 4.5.0 -> 4.5.5 from there. Stock files so everything got green OK and processed just fine. This is what is ran by the upgrade script after all the files are patched and the db is pacthed

Quote:
SQL PATCH: ``patch.sql'' applied successfully
The database was successfully patched !
Converting the xcart_customers structure ...
Converting the xcart_config structure ...
Converting the xcart_ppa structure ...
AFTER-PATCH was applied successfully.
Updating DB version info.

Note all "converting" tasks after the db sql patch. So my guess here is - if you want to upgrade to 4.5.5 - you have to run store upgrade from earlier 4.5.x version....

I don't really like this. Forget about what Jeremy described as post-upgrade-testing process - you have to go through either installing 4.5.x version to upgrade the db or use the live store to do that (if that live store is on 4.5.x)....

I now have fully converted db to 4.5.5 the way it should be so I can move it to the previously installed 4.5.5 store, and copy its config.php as well of course... or just use this new fully upgraded 4.5.0 store....

I was able to log out and log back in, all data seems to in there, so looks like all ok, the store front shows ok and login works.

I have not fully tested yet if everything works ok and with the new security features in effect.... By the way - the fresh 4.5.5 asks about to turn on/off these new security features - the upgrade does not and sets some of them to ON - so maybe this is the problem some of you had after the upgrade...

Also just seeing that - the "store closed | open" block that is in the header of 4.4.x and some 4.5.x vesrions and was moved at the bottom in 4.5.4 (a lot of complains about that) is now floating just above the right hand side columns with additonal links in admin...