View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Black Friday hell - X-payments designed for (by) geeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakesVacuum
We are not currently using coupons at all (and won't be for at least 6 months+) and our discount system isn't even setup yet (hoping for January)

With that additional information is X-Payments still not ready for me to use?

Also I don't fully understand where it has to be installed and what all is required to run it... I have read that SSL is required, I have read it has to be on another host, lots of different answers and none of the info seems easy to find.

1. X-payments should live in its own secure place. i.e. its own user account in cPanel or a separate hosted place -- if you have a VPS or dedicated box, it can be a subdomain.

checkout.greatlakesvacuum.com

2. Yes, It MUST have its own SSL (or a wildcard)

3. The documentation and installation instructions are VERY comprehensive. If you simply RTFM you will get there. So RTFM. I commend the X-Cart team for the superb documentation on this product.

The issues remaining have to do with customer feedback during an order. if the customer does not have confidence that their order was processed, they will click again. The patch from last week helps, but it is still less than desired.

If you are going to accept credit cards, you have these choices:

1. use x-payments
2. use an iFrame provided by your merchant account
3. use paypal or other hosted payment method
4. use a payment form hosted on your merchant account server
5. If you use Authorize.net, there is another possibility worth investigation:
http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/authorize.net-dpm-module-for-x-cart-pa-dss-compliant.html

# 3 & #4 are not a good choice for many stores
#2 is only possible with select merchant acct and gateways
#1 has issues in certain configurations and setups.

Pick your poison?