View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:
Looks neat and could solve me so many problems. I would like to use this on a fresh 4.6.2 install.

1. I guess it's a huge task to take an existing store (database etc. ) and import it. We have many customizations from xcartmods, websitecm, cflsystems and others running.

Upgrading isn't *too* tricky, provided you go through the upgrade packs in the correct sequence.

Re-adding custom modules is not so easy, it depends on what you have. You may need to obtain updated module patches/files.

Depending on your existing and destination X-Cart version, you can sometimes skip some versions in the upgrade process, by applying a database patch (but always make backups).

If you're not familiar with the differences in X-Cart versions, to safeguard against any loss of data, (and/or beating yourself around the head), it's worth getting QT or someone on the forum who does it routinely to perform the upgrade for you.

Quote:
2. Can the homepage be customized so that the right bar will not be shown as I only will need it on the category page.

Yes, the homepage and other pages can easily be set to full width.

Quote:
3. I bought several of the included mods (Testimonial mod etc.) Is there an option of getting a better offer?

Please get in touch for a discount code.