View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Additional fields for address book

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Steel,
I just tested this method of positioning, and it works like a charm for OPC and the admin side. In the address book (when accessed from my account tab not OPC) it does not automatically re-position the fields, because they are hard coded into the template.

An easy fix though, moving the fields in the templates are easy as pie. To edit the address book fields you can look at /common_files/customer/main/address_fields.tpl

You can see it working at my test site: http://trainingpen.com

Moving the fields in the address book or in FLC has never been a problem. It is OPC where this change is difficult, and requires some custom code like I suggested above. If you are using FLC then you just change the language variable for fax, and reorder the fields in the template. No need for any hair pulling.

In OPC the fields are populated in the order that they are pulled from the DB.

What is FLC and what is OPC?

I am implementing your suggested change above but I don't know what those stand for.

I went to your test site and looked at it, you just did the moving of Fax right? (as it is not renamed)

I changed the order of them in address_fields.tpl but I am not seeing any indication that it was the right template?!
EDIT: I am an idiot and was not editing the RIGHT address_fields.tpl file

EDIT2: Can you tell me what address_details_html.tpl controls?
EDIT3: Figured it out, I'll stop posting now!