View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 04:48 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Meet X-Cart in New York, Orlando and San Francisco!

Thanks for the update Max and 2 points I would like to add to the above if possible as I was unable to make it to any of the meetings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
- X-Cart v4 is still a very popular platform: about 75% of our customer base continues using this version. We will continue improving and supporting this version at least within the next 5 years. The nearest 4.7.4 release is planned to this November

This is great to hear and I'm sure you are aware that this should be proactively communicated to developers who have in the past supported XC4 and produced some significant modules for this platform who may have been absent as of late due to the large presence of XC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
- The closer acquaintance with the specific businesses of our clients is what we both can benefit from: we may be not aware of some really important, yet easy to implement requirements, they may miss the moment when the solution of some annoying problem has already become available, even if this happened long ago. We can not meet with you in person till the next meetup, but we plan to initiate e-meetings with a number of our customers to discuss their businesses and problems.

Another excellent point and don't forget to reach out to your international customer base. Whilst every eCommerce business is individual with it's own unique requirements, it is amazing how often these is distinct parallels between businesses.

Lastly any chance of splitting the forums into XC4 and XC5 seeing as both will be running in parallel for the next few years?