View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Implement Google Tag Manager

Thanks Alex, that coding change worked perfectly ... so I then disabled the x-cart Google Analytics module (to avoid double-tracking with the new tag manager) but my Google Analytics guy is now saying:

"It sounds like we need your x-cart Google Analytics module activated to have the ecommerce functionality in the Google Analytics code, and I need to be able to put cross-domain tracking functionality in the Google Analytics code by means of Google Tag Manager, but as it stands now, we can't do both at once or we'll have two Google Analytics tracking codes running and they'll send 2 pageview hits instead of one - essentially doubling your pageviews in the Google Analytics reports."

The issue here is that customers routinely go from one of our other static web sites, to our X-Cart site to place their order, which sends them to the credit card processor's site for payment processing, then returns them to the X-Cart site when completed. So we need Google Analytics to track this process as one continuous customer engagement - not 3 or 4 separate ones.

Anyone have any ideas?