View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Product Feeds module for X-Cart 5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the feedback!

The ability to export products to a feed of a custom format is a good one - we thought of having the feature right from the start. However, after studying several feeds formats we found that almost every shopping engine would require custom programming to support all of its features.

For example, with Bonanza you should assign Bonanza categories on your products and convert product attributes to "traits" that look like "[[material: red]] [[condition: new]] [[brand: Gucci]]".

We could export basic columns and leave these special columns empty, but how useful would be such product feeds? If you have ideas on how to overcome this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Yea every shopping site supports different column headers. For our team is is quite time consuming to have somebody essentially create a brand new CSV document, manually map the form headers, and copy and paste our content from one document to another ( assuming its updated ).

Instead of showing empty columns, why not just show columns that are relevant to my needs?

Example:

Within the Product Feed area, have a button that says "Create Custom Feed". Once you get to the next screen it shows a table view of ALL the current column fields within X-Cart.

Below that ask the user to enter in the name of the fields for their CSV document. Once those are made, ask the user to map the existing X-Cart form fields to the CSV custom form fields.

Similar to this picture on Salesforce (Field Mapping) = http://www3.formassembly.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/mapping.png

- I recently built this type of feature for an custom ecommerce platform one of our clients is using.

= Basically you are giving clients the ability to build whatever they want, without being limited to empty, or unneeded fields that do not belong with X-Cart.

Just something to think about
Braintree
Popup Anywhere
Abandoned Cart Reminder
Cloud Backup
Kayako Integration
Rich Google Search Results
Pin Code/License Key
Remember Me