Thread: Websitecm?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Websitecm - real company or scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodaki
The only situation someone would require 2 server locations is if:
1. they hosted their own live servers (ie. they were an ISP)
2. they actually developed on a remote server across a broadband connection. which in 18 years of web development I have never heard of.
3. clients didn't want to see a site before it went live.

In EVERY other situation, there would be a minimum of 3 servers.

Not exactly...

License #1: local development server
License #2: the server

use a /dev/ partition that is IP and/or password restricted for the staging server, for public testing prior to going live.

And considering most pro developers have insanely fast broadband, the local development server isn't really needed anymore. I do ALL of my development on the primary server in a locked down, IP restricted partition. It doesn't get indexed. It's a realtime indicator if the code is bloated.

There are 101 reasons why you SHOULD develop on an internet connected server and not a local machine.

So although your concerns about timely replies to your emails are valid, your workflow is not the only way a professional may work. There are other workflows that could possibly be superior to yours. I only need a single site license when developing most sites.

Just saying.

I hope you get your issues resolved with Jon. You do NOT want to turn a store on to the web without CDSEO active.