View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 04:28 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart v4.1.10 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hinzman
I am attempting to patch to 4.1.10 through the admin interface. Everything is backed up and ready to go, but when I click on the upgrade to apply it I get the memory allocation error message below. Is it normal to require so much memory to patch old versions through the admin interface? I realize 79 MB is not a lot by today's standards, but when default settings for PHP are typically 8 or 16 MB, 79 is way beyond the typical configuration of a PHP/MySQL/Apache server.

Testing patch applicability and generation list of files could take several minutes, please be patient. COPYRIGHT ...
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79513601 bytes) in /home/growingu/public_html/include/patch.php on line 65

It's actually surprising to see that much memory being used. The patch file isn't forcing 79mb, it's actually forcing 16mb (which annoys me as it doesn't check to see if a higher limit was already specified before forcing it's 16mb limit). So the 79mb is likely occurring just due to the number of patch files itself, and possibly there is some bug that is forcing memory to go too high on your installation.