View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 12:36 PM

X-Guru

There is no such thing as commercial software without a license. Whether it has a unique code or not, if Qualiteam doesn't recognize the transaction, then you're out of luck.

For example -- when you login to youruser account, the software and addons that you "own" are all listed. "Own" is in quotes because we don't really own any software... we own a license to use it. So unless Qualiteam recognizes the licenses you purchased, you don't have anything...

I bought what I thought was a licensed version of TurboTax for Business from an ebay seller 2 years ago... the seller represented a physical disc and original box - new, wth a license... I received a URL to a link to a disk image. Seller insisted this was legal. Intuit's legal department didn't agree... and fortunately PayPal arranged for a 100% refund.

I would not consider buying a license for a mod or addon from anyone but the original developer, to ensure the product is legal. We're buying tools to help sell our products to make money - the vendors deserve their $35 too. Just my $.02