View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:50 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: AlteredCart's Buy Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbrewer
There is an option for the module: Allow customer to select individual products from the Buy Together group. When this is enabled a customer will receive a discount as long as they have at least one product from the "Buy Together" group. To disable the discount as soon as one item from the group is removed this option can be disabled.

???
<head scratching>
Obviously. LOL

I assumed that all bundle offers were void if the items in the bundle were not purchased together. It's the merchandiser in me. I want you to buy both together, and I'll give you incentive to do so -- but if you get to the cart and pull an item from the bundle, I'm not giving you the special offer. But that;'s just me.

Have you ever noticed the Amazon "buy together" offers? You save $0.02, if anything. It's a gimmick on Amazon -- but effective merchandising -- because the customer can't always do the math -- for my products which are priced whole numbers, even my most math challenged customer can add 24 + 16 to know that the $39.98 bundle deal is not much of a deal. But when the items are 22.79 and 39.94, and Amazon tries to get you to buy together for $62.75, they must know that you can't do the math - and they have the balls to say, "special bundle price of $62.75!"

This thread has piqued my interest in buy together!