View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Slideshow for Product Images

You know I had a problem with MagicToolbox. Thanks to the support team (Igor), after a long exchange of emails, they found the issues why these two modules are not working in Windows environments. For the moment I am still evaluating both of them because there is a plenty of features (configuration).

Install/Uninstall is easy to do, in one page. If you buy MagicZoomPlus (29 Pounds) you can get MagicScroll for only 19 Pounds instead of 29 Pounds as it is standalone.

Only one JS file is encrypted, all PHP files can by edited. I don't like the way it passes the data. I am big fan of Smarty. If these modules could have Smarty templates it will be a big relief. In this moment you have to understand the OOP code, then finding out the places where it sends data.

As a last observation, generally speaking all these scripts should be loaded only on those pages where they are needed. For example if you have a carousel (banners or something) load the js script and css only for that page, not over the whole website content. This will increase the speed. It was a time when I was agree to claim all variables in every XC page, but this means a lot of SQL queries, lots of memory spent, finally a speed decrease. XC should be protected by heavy loads like JS/CSS, DB queries. This is one of the keys for increasing speed.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com