View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I've had this mod installed for several months and to date have yet to have a single abandoned cart recovered. I've checked that it's working, generating coupons, etc, it is. There must be some tips as to how to recover a cart that someone has abandoned but so far it's not doing anything for my shop. Does anyone who has had success have any suggestions on the following settings:

After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart?
How many notifications should be sent?
Delay between notifications (in hours)?

Also, the standard email looks something like this, any suggestions?

Undoubtfully, it all depends on technique and the way you follow up your customers. There are a lot of tips in the internet regarding how to manage abanoned carts, how to do it properly. This module is a tool which helps you to set this system up.

Please read the following blogpost:
http://blog.x-cart.com/Abandoned_carts.html

and just type in "abandoned cart tips" in google and it will give you numerous of articles. There is no unique way of configuring it, it all depends on what you sell, whom you sell to and so on..
Try different configuations and see which one works better for you.

Change the follow up text to something which you find more appropriate to your store. Please also note that recently we've
improved the module and included product icons into the follow up email. So, you'd be probably interested in updating your module. Please see my previous posts for instructions.

Furthermore, as I've already mentioned in this thread, we've got a success story from Roger Martin at stand-out.net, our long time customer. He has been using Abandoned Cart Reminder, custom-developed though, for a considerable period of time.

We had a short interview with Roger before developing the module, I'll copy and paste it here:

Quote:
We knew abandoned carts was always a problem for all ecommerce websites, and customers would even register, go to checkout but still change their mind and not complete the purchase. This could be for many reasons - the price, just changed their mind on the item, delivery time or problems, they do not have enough money in their bank, etc. To encourage these customers to come back and shop, an automatic email is sent with a discount code.

So, on our store if a customer enters their personal details but does not complete the checkout process then 2 days later they would be emailed with an offer to come back to the website and purchase the products using a discount code.

Many customers have loved being contacted and given a chance to buy again at a reduced price

Abandoned cart system definitely works and generates income. I've got a lot of feedbacks from happy customers. I'll try to convince them to share their experience here.

You can also contact us via HelpDesk to discuss this issue further. Please refer to this thread when creating a new ticket.