View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:27 AM

Advanced Member

As an Aussie internet store manager I am so happy to see the changes Xcart are making in the new version. Thank You for listening to requests and responding.

I would ask for one thing more so we can display and sell more products.

We have over 1000 products and still adding more every week.
I would like to be able choose a suitable template when I add a product and when I create a category. Products in some categories are best displayed in a simple list with a buy now and quantity button. Other categories need a 2or3 column layout with a clickthru to the product details page. Other products have lots of variants and need a template that shows thumbnails (colour swatches), a quantity and multiple add to cart button at the bottom of the page. It would be great to have a choice of dropdown menus, radio buttons, quantity input and checkboxes also make it easier to make the store look great for many different types of products.

I dont want to do a whole lot of if then modifications to the code. The more hacking that is done the more difficult it is to upgrade. I want the simple solutions. Basically I want the cart admin to be easy to manage. I want to be spending my time at the other end of the process - customer service, analysing financial reports and chasing new products and markets.

Basically you guys can talk about the coding and it goes right over the top of my head. -As a programmer I make a great accountant . So, I will leave you to sort that stuff out. If you can give me the tools to present my products in the best possible way then I will make more sales. This is the one thing that I find most frustrating at the moment.

Hope this helps you make plans for future releases with the views of a non-technical client in mind.