View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: xpayments Cron help please

You might have to try and get QT and Hands-on together to solve this. The email means you know that at least the cron.php started execution.

I reported the same issue to Hands-on last year - I asked them if there was a reference point of a successful implementation there that could be used as a basis of comparison. This was the situation last year - maybe they have a different answer now:

"I'm not aware of a running installation of X-Payments on our servers that I could look at for guidance, and none of the other techs I've spoken with have been able to get a copy running successfully."

I hacked up things to get the cron to run - but I am not confident that it is running correctly - so I would not want to offer any solution to you.

If you are able to use a shell and run the cron.php file, you will probably find that it executes correctly. Running the exact same command from the cron tab yields what you are reporting - I suspect it starts, but does not get to the end where it updates the x-payments database, so the warnings do not go away.

Since cron.php runs from the command line, but something seems off when run from a cron - there has to be some difference in the ownership, or something peculiar to how Hands-on server is set up. But since they do not have a successful implementation they can reference,it is hard to say what might be wrong. (I thought I was the only one with this issue.)

I don't think X-Payments software really fits in with the general statement that the recommended hosts are configured properly for X-Cart. I had many issues, some still unresolved, in the installation process.

---