View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 11:49 AM

eXpert

OK Im running 3.3.2 with an extended search paramaters so I can search by Brand SKU Desc.

It has been a pain in the head modifying this so that I can search in other paramaters. www.landspeedracing.com/customer/search.php

If anyone needs the basic version of this Mod to work on 3.3.X I beleive I have the proper code. I would paste it hear but one of my main problems getting this code to work in the first place because copying the code from the forumn to a file without getting parse errors that made zero sense was impossible.
I basicly had to go in and replace every return and space(used for formating.
Once this is done and a couple minor changes for compatibility, I only found one error in the actual code so let me point this out. It does not noticeably affect the operation(so I can see why no one has noticed it) but is a typo none the less.

Original CODEwith error)
Code:
б═ б═$smarty->assign("navigation_script","search.php?substring=".urlencode($substring)."&in_category=$in_category".$price_substring);

New corrected CODE:
Code:
б═ б═$smarty->assign("navigation_script","search.php?substring=".urlencode($substring)."&in_category=".$in_category.$price_substring);

The $in_category was enclosed in quotes and I beleive it is not suppose to be as it was not in my original search.php So I moved the quotes and added a period.

Also Boomers addition is a must if you are going to do what I did and add a Brand dropdown list to search via brand.(very handy)

MY MAIN QUESTION IS: How can I have all my search results Ordered By ProductCode.
I thought replacing:
Code:
Group By $sql_tbl[products].productid
With
Code:
Group By $sql_tbl[products].productcode

Would accomplish this but I am wrong as changing this has no affect on the product arrangment in Products.tpl

Any suggestions for doing this. I am so just hacing this code and do not 100% understand every aspect of it. more like 70%

Scott
P.S. Thankyou so much REALLY it is sad that this is not standard one of my pet peaves of x-cart is its incomplete features sure has lots of features just few are complete or done in the standard popular way.(sure it will change)