View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Upgrading XC was a nightmare from the very beginning. Especially when you do custom work too much. Please use a test server before uploading new versions over your functional one. When you do the job and everything works as expected make a backup of your online version and put it o a CD/DVD/...

Your rage comes from your mind, you just let us know you are loosing money already. Just relax, put your 4.5.4 back as it was before and start upgrading on a work/test version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
They tell me to downgrade, then upgrade carefully. I have done in now twice. I do that and it appears to upgrade, then logs me out and I can't log back in. The database still shows 4.5.4 even though I manually applied the patch.

I'm about to pull out my hair with this, they're not really helping me at all, just giving me suggestions. WTF!?!?! I've never had anything like this, nor have I ever seen them so hands off, even after paying for a hot rush. I guess I'm on my own here!
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com