View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 03:59 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Custom Order Status inc Email To Customer and Stock Correction X-Cart 4.5.x

I ended up using the Custom Order Statuses mod with 4.7.6. I use an "out of stock - on order" and "discontinued" order status.

When adding a custom status in 4.7.6 a random status code is picked by x-cart. Since I had my own custom statuses from before the store upgrade I just had to update the random status code to match what I had picked previously.

You can figure out what the random status code is through SQL
Code:
select * from xcart_custom_order_statuses;

or by modifying the custom order status tpl to print it out:

Index: skin/common_files/modules/XOrder_Statuses/status_selector.tpl
Code:
<td align="left"> - <textarea name="statuses[{$status.statusid}][descr]" cols="45" rows="4">{$status.descr}</textarea> + <b>statusid={$status.statusid},code={$status.code}</b> <textarea name="statuses[{$status.statusid}][descr]" cols="45" rows="4">{$status.descr}</textarea> </td>

For me, my new status IDs were 9 and 10 and needed codes 'K' and 'S' to match my previous custom status codes. I updated them in SQL:

Code:
update xcart_custom_order_statuses set code='K' where statusid='9'; update xcart_custom_order_statuses set code='S' where statusid='10';

The Custom Order Status module has built-in options for sending emails so I've been using that for customer email notification.
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]