View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 09:55 AM

Default Re: how to create a form and add it to a page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
It is hard to answer you without seeing your code.

However, you should be able to create a controller class (a new "target"), get your custom form submitted to that target and process it there.

But it is recommended to process any forms by create a form class and linking it to your controller. Check XLite/View/Form directory for examples.

Thanks for the reply..

yeah, I know it was a little vague. can you point me to a tutorial/doc on creating a form class? I tried searching but it just keeps bringing up stuff on how to modify the contact us form, which is not helpful.

here' some clarification:

I already have a page setup in the admin area. I want to add a form to it and have it submit to that same controller.

my main issue is that, in the admin page I created, I couldn't figure out how to create a form that would submit to the page without giving me that error. it looks like the generated forms have an xcart-form-id which i guess is what I'm missing.

btw, I did actually try just submitting my custom form to my controller. that's where I got the "this form appears to not have originated by xcart" or whatever that message says.