View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Show debug console for certain IP's only

I'm not able to verify that webmaster mode opens for anything other than the session you are in when you call it. (I didn't check many versions) My habit has always been to open webmaster mode in FF, and at the same time have another browser, like a less forgiving IE7, open at the same time to look at changes. I've never seen this problem over the years and versions, so I don't believe it happens with webmaster mode.

The debug console option, on the other hand, has the issue you report. That is one of the reasons I never check that box.

I understand now why you want the debug console to work properly and not simply use webmaster mode. So it is like webmaster mode except no identification of language variables and no mouse-over/border effects for template tracing? I don't use webmaster mode for editing anything - but I am so used to how it is, that the language variable links and other stuff don't phase me. Thanks for the information.

----