Re: X-Cart become subscription based, so what should I do?
Yep, we have just become aware of the 299% price increase and will have to decide shortly whether to pay for the annual access to upgrades. When we asked X-Cart why this price increase, we were told:
"A big part of renewal is to ensure you maintain access to our newest software versions and our Product Team is working on the final stages of preparing for our next upcoming 5.4.2 release. Within this release, customers can expect not only ongoing work on general infrastructure and security aspects but also new features such as an enhanced Banner System and Admin Navigation improvements."
Right, so will the annual fee come down after the 5.4.2 release????
So, Triple A Racing, what did you decide to do? Paying for the annual price hike or say no to the "access to to the upgrades"?
We just migrated to 188.8.131.52, and are now seriously considering not continuing to pay for this annual price hike.
XCart Business v.184.108.40.206