View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Fulfillment order statuses in X-Cart 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
I don't see a status like Backorder but I guess with the custom statuses merchant can add it. So the custom statuses module should allow for merchant not only to add custom status on payment and shipping but also to specify action(s) to be taken - send emails to both admin and customer or either one or not; increase/decrease inventory or not; etc

Right, Steve. This is the idea of Custom Order Statuses: merchants will define actions to be taken.

We didn't add Backorder statuses, since this status needs special actions and functionality. I believe, that it is better to create separate "Backorder" addon with needed functionality. 3d party developers are welcome to create this addon and then we will add it to our marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
Thanks for asking for our feedback. One (common) scenario, that I am curious about is (the one we use) where we only capture the payment immediately before the product is shipped.

If I understand your post above, the Processing status can only be shown if the Payment status has been moved to Paid. In the scenario above, order processing would take place while the Payment status would still be Awaiting Payment.

tartaglia, you are welcome! Payment and Shipping statuses are independent. You can have "Shipped" and "Awaiting payment" at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
NOTE: In your "Stock changes" matrix you show a Payment Status called "Authorized" but you don't show it in your "One-state status 5.0.x to two-state statuses 5.1.x", so i guess I am confused.
"Authorized" from 50x will be be shown as "Authorized"&"New" in 51x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
Will the authorized payments work with PayPal and SagePay?

PayPal integration supports authorized payments. SagePay - only "sale" transactions.