View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Rich Google Search Results module released

WHAT IF...
we don't want to display sku, weight, etc on product_details.tpl?

IN my product_details.tpl, I have this code block commented out because I don't want ANY of it to display...

Code:
{* comment out DEFAULT display of SKU and weight and extra fields *} {* <tr> <td class="property-name property-name2">{$lng.lbl_sku}</td> <td class="property-value" id="product_code" colspan="2">{$product.productcode|escape}</td> </tr> {if $product.weight ne "0.00" or $variants ne ''} <tr id="product_weight_box"{if $product.weight eq '0.00'} style="display: none;"{/if}> <td class="property-name property-name2">{$lng.lbl_weight}</td> <td class="property-value" colspan="2"> <span id="product_weight">{$product.weight|formatprice}</span> {$config.General.weight_symbol} </td> </tr> {/if} {if $active_modules.Extra_Fields && $extra_fields ne ""} {include file="modules/Extra_Fields/product.tpl"} {/if} {if $active_modules.Feature_Comparison} {include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/product.tpl"} {/if} *}

SO if my page doesn't display these properties, I have to use an alternate method to get these fields onto the page without pissing off Google. What's the best way to do this? Can we use hidden divs? Will google see this? White text? I thought that was a no-no. What's the "good" way to allow google to pick these fields up without displaying them on my page?