View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:14 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Summary So Far: X-Cart & PCI-DSS / PA-DSS compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarron
For customers who wish to avoid entering therir credit card details on every transaction: I doubt it but I'll ask: Is it possible to simultaneously:
  • Avoid login to a 3rd party gateway (that stores the customer's credit card details instead of me) at checkout; and
  • Store the customer's credit card details for convenience at checkout; and
  • The clincher, avoid a Compliance Audit and all the hassle that goes with it?

This is possible with some gateways. Again, USAePay and Network Merchants both will allow this. Both support a customer database/vault that can have card numbers stored as part of the checkout process. As I mentioned before, the payment form can be served from your server and post to the gateway servers taking your server out of scope for PCI compliance. Both gateways will allow you to add a "save this card for future use" checkbox to the payment form. Both gateways have a reporting/query API that allows you to find out what cards a customer has stored, the card type (VISA, MC, etc.) and the last 4 digits of the card number so you can present that to the customer to choose from. Both allow you to submit transactions using a token identifying the payment method instead of a credit card number.

The downside is that most gateways charge and extra monthly fee and per transaction charges for using their customer database/vault. I haven't priced USAePay but Network Merchants typically runs $10/month and $0.05 or $0.06 per vault transaction.

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com