View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 AM

X-Cart team

Arrow New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Hi Everyone,

Please read our blog post at
http://www.x-cart.com/new-product-line-and-4.5.3-released.html

I want to note that this is re-packaging of our existing X-Cart code and extension into new four editions. We used our the most popular modules and "extras" to build new X-Cart product line that suits our customers' requirements much better than "X-Cart GOLD vs X-Cart PRO".

FAQs:

0) Is this "X-Cart 5"?

No, this is not "X-Cart 5" called X-Cart Next now. We re-packaged our existing X-Cart code and the most popular X-Cart extensions into four new editions/packages to meet our customers needs&expectations better. This is not a new development of X-Cart. It is re-packaging. We continue to develop X-Cart Next.

1) NFR licenses for Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules -

Please contact us using your HelpDesk accounts and let us know your existing X-Cart GOLD and PRO licenses where you need these modules.
As we promised we will give such module licenses free of charge to any X-Cart GOLD or PRO license existed before Sept. 25th 2012.

2) I have a PRO license, will I get Platinum one free of charge?

No, I fear you won't be able to upgrade your PRO license to Platinum one free of charge. Such upgrade costs $500. See http://www.x-cart.com/license-upgrades.html

3) Does this mean my PRO stops working now?

No, Your X-Cart PRO store will continue to work. Also, we will provide updates for your PRO software during a year ahead.

4) I want to buy an X-Cart PRO license.

You can do that before October 25th 2012. Contact our sales using your HelpDesk account for an invoice.

5) I have a Pro license I want to upgrade to Gold Plus. How do I go about it?

Contact our sales using your HelpDesk account. Such exchange is free of charge.

6) how does current licenses compare to the new ones? Old Gold license = new Gold or Gold Plus?

Old GOLD is the new GOLD except Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules that are in Platinum edition now.
GOLD Plus is much improved old GOLD with many popular X-Cart extensions included in core software out of the box.
Platinum is our solution for large businesses. It is not just more expensive PRO. It comes with many X-Cart extensions out of the box (more than GOLD Plus has) and 1yr of support + installation service.
Go with Enterprise if you have a very big project.

7) I have an X-Cart Gold license and bought a lot of modules that are in Gold Plus now. Can I get GOLD Plus free of charge?

If you are within our 30 days moneyback policy for your module purchases - contact us using your HelpDesk account regarding exchange for Gold to Gold Plus upgrade.
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 09-28-2012 at 01:00 AM.