View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 03:44 AM

Veteran

Here is a method for changing the buttons to a simple .jpg or .gif. Keep in mind that all buttons use the same template, you will want to create a different button.tpl file for each different type. The text for the button in this case will be in the .jpg or .gif, the Smarty tags will not be used. I'll use 'Add to Cart' as an example.

1. Create a new .tpl in the buttons/ directory and call it button-cart.tpl.

2. Paste the following code in to it:

Code:
{* $Id: button.tpl,v 1.16 2004/06/23 08:14:34 max Exp $ *} {if $type eq 'input'}{assign var="img_type" value='INPUT type="image"'}{else}{assign var="img_type" value='IMG'}{/if} {assign var="js_link" value=$href|regex_replace:"/^\s*javascript\s*:/Si":""} {if $js_link eq $href}{assign var="js_link" value="javascript: self.location='`$href`'"} {else}{assign var="js_link" value=$href}{if $js_to_href ne 'Y'}{assign var="onclick" value=$href}{assign var="href" value="javascript: void(0);"}{/if}{/if} {if $style eq 'button'} <TABLE border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" onclick="{$js_link}" style="cursor: pointer;" valign="middle"{if $title ne ''} title="{$title}"{/if}> <TR> <TD>[img]{$ImagesDir}/imagename.jpg[/img]</TD></TR> </TABLE> {else} <FONT class="FormButton">{$button_title} <{$img_type} {include file="buttons/go_image.tpl" full_url='Y'}></FONT> {/if}

4. Insert the name of your button image where it says imagename.jpg. This can of course be a .jpg or a .gif.

5. Upload your image to the Skin1/images directory.

6. Open the buttons/addtocart.tpl and replace this:

Code:
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_add_to_cart href=$href title=$title style=$style}

with this:

Code:
{include file="buttons/button-cart.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_add_to_cart href=$href title=$title style=$style}

7. That should change your addtocart button to the image you just specified.

You will need to follow this same procedure for add to wish list, buy now, etc. If you want the same image for ALL the buttons, just edit the button.tpl file.

I can't promise this will work for you, but it does the trick for me