View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: CKEditor with image upload please?

Hey everyone,

Here is the solution to uploading FCKEditor to your X-Cart WITH the ability to upload images, files, etc.

You first need to download the files required, which are here: www.darrenpinder.co.uk/fckeditor.rar

1. Copy the /fckeditor/ folder into the root directory of the site and upload to server

2. Disable the existing HTML Editor module

3. Apply this SQL patch:

Code:
INSERT INTO xcart_modules VALUES (100,'FCKEditor','This module allows you to edit text in WYSIWYG mode.','Y');

4. In {$SkinDir}/single/home.tpl:

Before:
Code:
</head>
Insert:
Code:
{if $active_modules.FCKEditor ne ""} <script type="text/javascript" src="{$http_location}/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script> {/if}
((Change to {https_location} if your admin uses SSL).)

5. In {$SkinDir}/main/product_details.tpl:

Before:
Code:
</form>

Insert:
Code:
{if $active_modules.FCKEditor ne ""} <script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('descr'); oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/"; oFCKeditor.Height="200"; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet="Default"; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ; </script> <script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('fulldescr'); oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/"; oFCKeditor.Height="400"; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet="Default"; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ; </script> {/if}

6. In {$SkinDir}/admin/main/page_edit.tpl:

Before:
Code:
</form>

Insert:
Code:
{if $active_modules.FCKEditor ne ""} <script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('pagecontent'); oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/"; oFCKeditor.Height="400"; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet="Default"; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ; </script> {/if}

7. In {$SkinDir}/admin/main/category_modify.tpl:

Before:
Code:
</form>

Insert:
Code:
{if $active_modules.FCKEditor ne ""} <script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('description'); oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/"; oFCKeditor.Height="400"; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet="Default"; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ; </script> {/if}

8. In {$SkinDir}/modules/Manufacturers/manufacturers.tpl

Before:
Code:
</form>

Insert:
Code:
{if $active_modules.FCKEditor ne ""} <script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('descr'); oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/"; oFCKeditor.Height="200"; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet="Default"; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ; </script> {/if}

9. In {$SkinDir}/modules/News_Management/news_messages_modify.tpl:

Before:
Code:
</form>

Insert:
Code:
{if $active_modules.FCKEditor ne ""} <script type="text/javascript"> var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('message[body]'); oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/"; oFCKeditor.Height="200"; oFCKeditor.ToolbarSet="Default"; oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ; </script> {/if}

10. To enable the image upload system, in /fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php:

Change:
Code:
$Config['Enabled'] = false ;

To: (This step already done by default)
Code:
$Config['Enabled'] = true ;

Create a new folder in the root directory called /userfiles/ and CHMOD it to 777.

If you are using the FCKEditor to upload images and you are developing on an IP address instead of a fully-resolved domain name, then you need to edit the file /fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php (line 39):

Change:
Code:
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '' ;

To:
Code:
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '/home/sites/domain.co.uk/public_html/userfiles/' ;
(Or whichever absolute URL is required for your server configuration)

You also need to change each of the $Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath'] paths in the same file to include file-type-specific folder extensions at the end of the string:

Change:
Code:
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['Image']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

To:
Code:
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['Image']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] . 'images/' ;

So in the example above I used the directory images/ for images, and I've also used file/ for PDFs, flash/ for swf, etc. These are already in the file, so you can leave these if you are happy with the folders.

That's it, you're done!

If you have any problems then let me know, I'll try to help if I can. I'm not an expert on this, so I might not have the answers, but I'll try

Good luck,

Darren

X-Cart Gold 4.3.1