View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 PM

Thanks for answering all those questions. I'm pretty sure I asked almost every question people were thinking, but didn't ask, so hopefully this will drum up more sales for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelaFirma
All the product images, category images and popup images in the RideQuality site are done with this mod. You can also see examples at:

www.AngelaCarolPearls.com
www.AngelaCarol.com

I was actually poking around these sites last night, trying to figure out what was done by your mod or not. I now understand the footprint your mod uses - files in files/cache.

My end opinion: wwwwwwoW!

Especially with the pearls and girls, this is almost indistinguishable from making all the thumbs yourself manually with photoshop.

I also like how you've reworked the product.tpl pages for Angela's Pearls - how you have a big huge image with only the order button to your right, then the description down below. You made it a LOT closer to a hybrid between Sephora.com & Overstock.com, which is what I eventually want. You do some great work!

I'll definitely be picking up your mod for at least the product.tpl and popup page, so I can use enormous JPGs there. That's the big plus to me.

See, my thumbs are all .gif transparencies due to a color changing DHTML effect I have going on (just like your pearl site, except it changes color slightly) so I don't know if I'd want to use your code on those. I'd have to get rid of the color changing effect, in order to switch those to jpg or another format that doesn't support transparencies.

I want to use your mod for a slightly different use than accentuate, because I personally don't have the "jaggy" problem you talk about. My catalogs thumbs are all made just just for the catalog. I do have an issue with some of the mods resizing the thumbs, though, but of course you can't predict how it'll work with those.

You know, after looking at all these sites, I can definitely say this should be a defacto standard mod... and if you look at my signature, well, you know how familiar I am with mods.
BCSE: Referral Pts-Surveys-BatchUp-OrderEZ- Reviews-RSS
FT: Glossary-OptCopt-AdvSrch-Recently Viewed-Also Bought
CM: eZConversion
XP: SalesRecovery, MultCrncy