View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Advanced Member

Unhappy "Marketing Manager" and "Remember Me" are not compatible

I eagerly began using all the great features of Marketing Manager a couple of weeks ago. It really is excellent. Unfortunately, it has an incompatibility with WebsiteCM's "Remember Me" mod.

The tracking feature of Marketing Manager will not properly track and report customers who are automatically logged in under Remember Me. This is a huge drawback, because the customers who use Remember Me are usually the repeat customers that you really want to keep good information on.

Here's what won't work in MM for those customers:

1. Last login search, find customers by login date.
Customers who are "remembered" don't show up in this report.

2. Traffic monitor
It looks like remembered customers show up as a new customer for each click on a new page. So, a customer going to ten pages will show up as ten customers. This throws off the counting something fierce.

Options: Don't use those features. Or, don't use "Remember Me". I don't like either option. The remember me mod keeps people coming back without being frustrated. I have had very few forgotten passwords since I installed that.

In checking with Firetank, it looks like there is no way to make these two mods play well together. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Ken

.d

Loyalty Points, DSEFU, Easy Checkout, Featured Product Manager, Remember Me, Relevant Search, Vertical Flyouts, Multiple Category Templates. Loads of other tweaks and mods learned in forums.