View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Default Re: X-Cart 5.3 roadmap

Ok kev....that's fair and you are right. But remember, I have custom mods, so my situation is a little different.

But what happens when you are forced to upgrade to 5.3, because the Marketplace only supports version 5.3. But you are so happy with 5.2, because of the stability. Then comes 5.4 with a whole new Core change.

My point is...when will it end. Each Core update, requires more money with custom mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
Honestly speaking, 5.2.10 is the most stable version of XC5 to date. How can you expect them to keep making mods for older versions that are not stable?

Further, if you have 5.2.10 and they release 5.2.11, you *should* upgrade because it's going to have a lot of bug fixes. The modules designed for 5.2.10 will all work on 5.2.11.

You could also make a development store of 5.3 and work on it while keeping your 5.2 store live.

I used to use 4.6.6 platform, it was good. But no way would I go back to that at this stage, just when XC5 is finally starting to work well. Eventually, you are going to have to move up if you want to keep up with your competitors. Plus they will eventually phase that out. I can at least say that with the current XC 5.2.10, you should be able to make good sales with it - I am. Yes, it took me a few months of hell to get here but there's no going back for me at this point.