View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Payments ROLL CALL

I have decided to abandon and give up the x-payments iFrame lite interface until it is fully tested and ready for production.

In the mean time...

1. I am also bailing on xcart's OPC. I am now happily using the AlteredCart CheckoutOne as checkout module, using the x-payments "default template" from x-payments. This turns checkout into a 2-step process --

a) customer details, shipping method and choice of payment method is step one, then a "proceed to payment" button;
b) if paypal, customer is taken to paypal. if credit card, customer is taken to x-payments payment page, etc..

The reason I'm using CheckoutOne is more than obvious -- it solves countless user interface issues and doesn't require the customer to jump around the page. It's not my "perfect for the iPad" multi-step fantasy checkout, but it is a superb product that has performed well for countless xcart stores... and the developer is a rockstar.

2. We continue to receive "Callback to online store is failed" emails to the admin with each x-payments credit card processed order, but all orders process once only, and the gateway shows zero errors. I have received this "Callback to online store is failed" email on each processed order. Has anyone else seen this?

3. Using a discount coupon "freeship" for free shipping does NOT send the incorrect amount to the gateway when using this configuration. Repeat: using CheckoutOne as the checkout module and applying the x-cart coupon, "freeship" for free shipping, the cart total in the cart is what is sent to the gateway. If we switch back to OPC, the incorrect cart total (pre-discount) is sent to the gateway. This bug may be in OPC and not in xp connector?

Summary:

I still can't recommend x-payments iFrame in its current state. Use at your own peril.

I am having success with x-payments "default" template (you can put your store header image in it to pretty it up a bit) - but NOT using xcart OPC, instead using AlteredCart CheckoutOne.

There are still the lingering xp "callback email" issue, I will report back here with a solution.