View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7 beta:new skin, in-context checkout, custom order statuses, Smarty v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Have you cleared the var/cache dir after the " Use cache for language variables " setting is enabled ?

By the way,
starting with X-Cart version 4.7.0 the tool was renamed from 'Clear templates/X-Cart Cache' to 'Clear X-Cart Cache' because the Clear templates operation is no longer needed and the tool no longer does it. However, we kept the ability to clear compiled templates for the http://www.yoursite.com/xcart/cleanup.php script.

Why do you need to clear var/templates_c dir ?
I ran into something related to this:
  1. Upgraded from 4.3 to 4.7.3
  2. Changed txt_welcome
  3. The changes did not appear even though use_cached_lng_vars is Off
  4. Turning this On allows the changes to be seen, which seems backwards at first
  5. Using the new Clear X-Cart Cache had no effect since it only clears var/cache. This makes sense since use_cached_lng_vars is already Off
  6. Yes, we want to try clearing var/templates_c but there's no longer a way to do that from Tools > Maintenance
  7. Nice that you have kept the ability to use cleanup.php, but it is 403 unless you first enable DEVELOPMENT_MODE in config.php
  8. Enabled DEVELOPMENT_MODE then ran cleanup.php finally cleaned up the Languages variable
This was not a fun exercise, I doubt most people would figure it out, and having to temporarily put a live store into dev mode was not the best situation. Maybe I misunderstood the proper steps but they were not apparent.