View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Changing the Javascript window size for Terms and Conditions

I sincerely appreciate any solutions you find. I have spent more time than my client finds reasonable to track through the code, the database, the dashboard and the online manual.

IHMO: Regarding the user-friendly solutions, WordPress is a tool to create user-friendly solutions ... Drupal is a tool to create user-friendly solutions ... every shopping cart plugin, module, web service, and software package is a tool to create user-friendly solutions. But each one is also judged on whether it is user-friendly to the developer, who is also a user.

For the developer who is also a coder, user-friendly means comments and a user-friendly manual or codex. Every time I work on an X-cart file, the first thing I have do, in the code I'm working on, is comment it. And, I am creating my own manual with screenshots for my client, "in case I get hit by a bus." My client has to pay for my commenting and documentation time, but my client will benefit because the next time I have to change it, my comments will make the task more efficient. I find that most software is poorly commented, including WordPress, Joomla and Drupal ... and X-cart.