View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 10:15 AM

eXpert

Before you do any changes please be sure to backup the files to be changed.

customer/main/product.tpl
Look for this and be careful because there are a couple of lines that are similar:
Code:
{if $config.General.show_in_stock eq "Y" and $product.distribution eq ""} <tr><td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_quantity}</td><td nowrap>{if $product.avail gt 0}{$product.avail}{else}{$lng.txt_no}{/if} {$lng.txt_items_available}</td></tr> {/if}

Replace it with this:
Code:
{if $config.General.show_in_stock eq "Y" and ($product.avail le 0 or $product.avail lt $product.min_amount)} {$lng.txt_out_of_stock}

Under General Configuration CHECK the box that says "show quantity in stock". Seems backwards but that's what I had to do. Maybe try it without checking this box and see what happens. I've messed around with this cart so much my change log is getting overbearing.

Then I removed the Quantity label and area that showed the amount in stock that appeared just below the description. Also in customer/main/product.tpl:
Code:
{if $config.General.show_in_stock eq "Y" and $product.distribution eq ""} <tr><td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_quantity}</td><td nowrap>{if $product.avail gt 0}{$product.avail}{else}{$lng.txt_no}{/if} {$lng.txt_items_available}</td></tr> {/if}

You can change the wording to 'item sold' by changing the lng.txt_out_of_stock in the Languages area.

This solution worked for me in both 3.1.1 and 3.3.1