View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:23 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

OK, you can call me an idiot...

I saw the release of 5.2.16 along with 20+ module updates and decided to give it a whirl on one of our slower x-cart 5.2.15 sites. Zipped up a backup of the folder and backed up the database and tried an 'upgrade all'.

well, that didn't work as it errored out, so I did the update by doing 2-4 modules at a time until they all worked.

There was a module or two that simply would not update which I wasn't using anyways so I removed them (I think one was Skrill payment method?).

In any case it finally finished and everything looked great.

Here is where I got stupid! It seemed smooth enough to I repeated this on our main money site....ugh!

it again seemed to work, but ...

next morning I tried to change a shipping method and it wouldn't let me save the changes...it looked like it worked, but it didn't.

then I realized that the Coupon Code module would not work either, any attempt to change or add a coupon would come back with:

ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2)
Call to undefined function XLite\View\FormField\Input\Base\mb_substr()

even worse, I opened a trouble ticket with x-cart support and tried to create an admin account so they could access and fix...and guess what. I cannot add/change or remove any users right now...it errors out as well with:

http://www.naturalbathbody.com/images/xcart-error.png

we are still in that phase of debate with tier I support to see if this is our fault and we need to pay for support or if this is a general problem with one of the updated modules.

but since we are experiencing this on two separate vanilla x-cart websites located on two separate vanilla Amazon AWS EC2 Linux servers...what else could it be?

There is not custom modifications to either of these sites and the only thing that has me a bit worried is that we are running PHP 5.3.x which is the default on Amazon Linux Servers...not sure that matters, but I tried to upgrade a few weeks ago and had to revert as it bombed out on me when trying to go to PHP 5.6.x

Anyone else experience this problem upgrading from 5.2.15 to the new version?