View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 10:26 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Changing the logo on Ideal Responsive again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider
You were asking whether it creates the scroll bar for smaller cellphones and whether the logo goes beyond the screen width. Yes it does, unfortunately.

It will until you add the CSS code resizing the logo to fit the place.

Quote:
Where exactly in the bottom do I add this code to in that altskin.css file? Does the exact location matter?

The location matters because:
1. The order of rules in the file determines the order in which styles apply on elements on the page.
2. You should not put your code inside existing curly brackets ("{" and "}") as this breaks the syntax and makes these styles not working.

But if you put your code at the very bottom past all the code the above points will not be an issue.

Quote:
Also, can I edit the altskin.css with CodeLobster or is it better to use Notepad? CodeLobster lists the code in an orderly fashion, but Notepad lists all in one "cloud" where is hard to tell where is what.

CSS files are simple text files so you can edit them in any text editor without formatting (i.e. Word and OpenOfficewon't work).
Notepad++, CodeLobster, NetBeans, PHP Storm, Sublime Text, ... - all these will work.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions