View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: 5.2.9 broke store with index failure

I am doing a little bit of last minute tweaking and actually got the built in page not found message to display properly.

I'll open a new thread about Nginx and the tweaks I have done. I don't have any stats to compare against Apache as my company has dropped all use of Apache for websites. Nginx is just more secure, faster, and offers more configuration freedom.

After all Nginx can serve around 10,000 static requests using about 10MB of RAM (excluding the content itself). Apache needs 30MB to 70MB on average just for ONE request. Plus Nginx has a lot of extra built in features like caching and load balancing that make it slaughter Apache in performance. I appreciate Apache and have deployed it for years (over 15 actually) but Nginx is just the next generation of web serving.

I'll get back next week with my directives and things I am doing. I also have X-Cart running happily on a site with other systems like Wordpress, custom PHP systems, etc. You can easily control what pool X-Cart is running in for even tighter security and performance. Ah... the power of Nginx.

Jeremy

X-Cart 5.3 running on:
* Web server: Nginx with PHP-FPM via FastCGI (Opcache enabled)
* Database: Percona Server